Sunday, April 28, 2013

Feminine Facial Expressions, Gestures, Mannerisms And Poses


©2008-2013 The Seductive Woman

Good evening, my feminine charmer! The interest shown by feminine women in the gestures and mannerisms displayed by feminine, seductive and glamorous women on the screen isn't any less keen than in the way that such women look and dress. 

Many kinds of movies and TV shows portraying women, particularly those dealing with society drama, portray forms of feminine life in a vivid fashion. In doing so, they also provide us feminine ladies who aspire to such life to such life with models of conduct. *Smile*

In this detailed lesson you'll be learning:

How to mold and sculpt your face into a feminine and desirable one

What a woman's mouth reveals 

How to accurately read a woman's disposition and character by looking at her face

What a desirable female mouth looks like and how to get one

What an undesirable female mouth looks like and how to eradicate it

How to make your lips prettier without using makeup, and enhance your lips with pretty lines

How a woman's eyes speak, and what they reveal 

What a woman's shoulders reveal

What a well-balanced posture indicates, and how to achieve it

The posture of feminine power

The goddess-like posture

The physical signs of a woman at ease

How to tell by looking at a woman what her present emotional state is

The physical expressions of a woman's good sense of humor and fun-loving disposition

A stiff and flexible female face

Why the super flexible face is the most beautiful for a woman

What a woman's forehead and eyebrows reveal

How a woman's femininity shows itself on her face

How a feminine woman walks

How a masculine women walks 

What feminine women of finer sensibilities reveal in their facial expressions, gestures, mannerisms and poses

Homework exercises

How your expression applies to everything you do, dove - from contortions of your entire body to the slightest, scarcely discernible movements of your  fingers, toes, the tiny muscles of your  face, and the inflections of your voice

This is seen in the following instances: 

A desire for watching romantic movies and TV shows with feminine, seductive and glamorous women as the main female characters. 

If the setting of a movie/TV scene is in a cafe or restaurant, for example, a female viewer can take note of how the women sit at the table, and how they carry on a conversation. 

If the setting is a ballroom she can take note of how graceful the women are and how they dance. 

She can use examples of the feminine, seductive and glamorous actress's facial expressions, mannerisms and behavior to influence how she also can carry herself, as well as how she moves, speaks, dresses, how she fixes her hair and even how she behave in the presence of her gentlemen friends. 

The appearance of such desirable and fetching women dressed in elegant and becoming clothes, and a host of others dressed in attire such as cocktail dresses and formal gowns, can encourage you also as a woman to dress as becomingly as possible in order to make a similar appearance. 

But not only that you can do, dove. A woman can also acquire positions such as sitting, standing, taking the arm of a gentleman, etc, in a ladylike and becoming manner from watching these women who do so on the screen, and especially if they do it in a manner that's  feminine and pleasing to your tastes.

When I was a teenage girl I discovered from watching movies with feminine, seductive and glamorous women as the main characters that I liked a particular coquettish and coy look that some of the actresses had, and which all girls may cultivate, and I used to try to practice this look in my bedroom. And surprises, cupcake! 

I could imitate a female star's cool look, and even Marilyn Monroe's sweet, but coquettish attitude. 

I learned the way of taking my young gentlemen friends to and from the door with that wistful smile, until it had become a part of me.

When I saw an actress who had an ideal feminine appearance by standing and sitting with a straight back, I tried to do the same. A good posture in an actress influenced me a lot, and also a graceful way of sitting. 

I really do think that every young woman can learn a lot from movies the best of ways of portraying one's feminine charms. *Smile.* A graceful way of sitting (as I've mentioned,) is also one of the best ways to present a charming picture. 

Any woman who has the desire can set forth her figure and limbs in a feminine, graceful and appealing manner. I also believe that a woman should always try to sit gracefully when she wants to make an ideal appearance and impression, in imitation of much of what I've witnessed on the screen.

In additional  dear heart, I've picked up little trivial feminine mannerisms from watching movies, and some of these may seem frivolous to some.

But as today's post seems to be a sort of confession, anyway, I'll confess;

I figured that whenever I want anything badly, and am almost at the point of tears begging for it, I should clench my fists.

When I go out for the evening, drop earrings are more becoming for a woman than the studs or screw-earrings.

When I tuck my hair behind my ears, like Greta Garbo, I emphasize my facial contours.

When I cry, I should cry prettily, and I shouldn't even attempt to wipe away the tears as they're so much more effective rolling downwards.

There are hosts of other similar trivialities. *Tee hee*

When I was growing up, the extent of imitation of feminine mannerisms among my female companions at my all girl's school was like an indoor sport. The girls were always talking about the actresses they saw in the movies, as well as famous female singers and would enjoy imitating the gestures and mannerisms of their favorite stars. 

They would purse their lips in imitation   wink, wiggle their eyebrows, and move their eyes in a certain way to create an impression on each other. And in this I was no better than the rest. 

The accounts which I've just given you, doll, illustrate the copying of feminine gestures and mannerisms by girls. Such copying, of course, extends down into childhood experiences. In fact, it's very difficult to draw a clean-cut line between the imitation of feminine mannerisms in play, and the later deliberate practicing of gestures in a more serious conduct. 

Growing up as a feminine 'girly girl,', naturally I pictured myself in the place of my favorite female celebrities  and often would often stand before a mirror trying to assume some graceful position characteristic of them, that I admired, and that I wanted to copy and assume. 

If I was impressed by the beauty of a heroine, I usually tried to imitate her facial expressions. I seldom failed to dramatize some scene that particularly appealed to me. This I did in front of my mirror when I was alone in my room, and I enjoyed doing this very much.

Oh, to possess that elusive little thing called 'it!'

After watching a particular actress or singer on the screen I would immediately go home to take stock of my personal charms before my mirror, and after carefully surveying myself from all angles I often turned away with a sigh. 

The significance of the imitation of feminine mannerisms and poses by adolescent girls comes in recognizing that at this age they're usually being introduced to a realm of life somewhat new and strange. 

Forms of conduct may be imitated which promise to aid an adolescent girl in her adjustment, and at the same time, to satisfy her aspirations to be popular, stunning, proper, and sophisticated. 

Many movies and TV shows with feminine, seductive and glamorous women in them depict the life of polite and elegant society, and deal in a vivid way with the conduct of desirable young men and women.  Selection of details for imitation is relatively easy for the interested female observer. 

Viewed in this way, the mannerisms copied from desirable women in  movies and TV shows  serve as a control - that is, as an instrument to adjustment or to the satisfaction of a woman's desires to cultivate a feminine and desirable image.

Trying Out What's Imitated

As one might expect from these remarks there's a great deal of experimentation of the feminine and seductive facial expressions, mannerisms, poses and behavior chosen from movies and TV, dove. 

Whether in mirror-posing, or in association with a woman's companions, the facial expressions, mannerisms, poses and behavior of other women can be tried out as a means of gauging their personal effectiveness. 

Some are found to be successful, and are taken on, And much of what'is imitated seems to be rejected eventually. 

Some women will attempt to imitate the look and manners, etc,  of several female celebrities, but still not receive satisfactory results. For example, a woman may bob her hair or cut her hair into a short pixie cut as a result of seeing a woman in a movie doing it. 

She may try to walk and move with ease and grace, but find that it's a little difficult to act like others if she can't see how she looks.

Growing up, I remember one female movie star who had large eyes, and from my friends and I admiring them, we tried staring at others with wide eyes. Naturally, the other girls thought there was something wrong with our eyes because we did this, and thankfully we didn't keep it up for more than one day because perhaps we would have acquired poor eyesight as a result. 

On weekends we tried curling our hair, manicuring our fingernails, and dressing like our favorite movie/TV stars. Of course our attempts never brought any truly pleasing results, so we abandoned our imitations and became original. 

That being said, cupcake, sometimes I posed for hours at a time before my dressing table mirror, posing with my hands about my face, and moving my arms as gracefully as I could. Furthermore, in the old Hollywood movies, it always seemed to me that the innocent, wide-eyed girls had the most suitors, and that female shyness promotes respect and adoration on the part of the opposite sex. 

I noticed such shy, coy maidens look down and through their eye-lashes in a furtive manner, and masculine and traditional men seemed enchanted by that. Nevertheless, when I went to a party as a teenage girl I tried to be a meek little maiden, but it proved to be a failure in attracting the boys as only sunny and vivid types of girls are wanted by the men of the modern generation.

I simply adore feminine and classy actresses, cupcake, such as Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly, and uber-feminine, seductive and sensual women such as Marilyn Monroe and Jane Mansfield. (And the way men fell for them. *Wink*) 

Growing up as a feminine 'girly girl' I naturally tried to imitate the way they walked, and noticed that they seemed to walk so easily, as if they had springs under their feet.

The following is a more concrete account of an attempt to make use of a particular mannerism, this time, however, with ineffective results:


About ten years ago I saw an old movie in which the heroine very coyly, when conversing with a man, would close her eyes, slightly nod her head and smile. And when she closed her eyes, her eye-lashes were shown off to their best advantage. And so I decided that this was very 'cute' and girly thing to do, and having always been slightly vain about my eyes, I adopted the trick.

When I entered my sixteenth and seventeenth year I began to use the movies, some TV programs, as well as the etiquette training at home and at my all-girl's school, as a school of etiquette. I began to observe the table manners of the actresses in the eating scenes. And I watched for the proper way in which to conduct oneself at a night club, because I began to have such ideas as I was getting older. 

Movies first taught me that a woman's hands could be used so as to make them appear beautiful. A soft, relaxed pose, I learned, was the best for a woman. I began to notice, also, the carriage and bearing of my favorite female celebrities, and to check up on myself and on other girls. 

Whenever I saw a female character with a nervous habit - such as tapping of the table with a finger tip, or rubbing the side of her cheek or swinging a leg - I hurriedly searched myself lest I have any such habits.

At present, I'm aware of two mannerisms which I've consciously adopted from movies and from feminine actresses, lovely. The first is my manner of walking when I'm wearing a formal evening dress. The second is the style of dressing my hair for formal attire. 

I've consciously adopted these mannerisms for the simple reason that I think that a woman needs to be cautious as to her manner of walking and of a becoming hair-style.  I think those things either makes or mars a woman. 

And the reason for my actual searching for an attractive gait, and I might even say feminine and seductive posing, goes back to a dinner dance which I attended at high school. 

I remember one young lady in particular (whom I'll never forget,) who was wearing a stunning evening gown. She had a pretty face, a lovely figure, and when she stood still she looked remarkably good. However, when she walked she just sort of sagged and flopped together with her shoulders rounded.

In addition, her back looked hunched and her entire feminine appearance was ruined!

No doubt, dove, her case was due to too high heels. But at any rate she seemed to be laboring with her gait as if she were walking behind a plow. I also noticed at that party that each girl had her own individual walk which proved either attractive or unattractive.

I wondered what other people were thinking about me, as well. So right there I decided I would adopt a definite walk and be more careful about standing straight. Either I would get my imitation from a feminine movie star or from some story description. 

When I saw Gloria Swanson in 'Fine Feathers' (or some title similar to that,) and I tried to imitate her gait, also, by carrying myself upright with a rather swagger effect, and still acting as natural as possible. 

As you may understand, it's difficult to describe accurately. But I might say, not as a matter of bragging,) that many people have remarked that I carry myself very well, and many attribute my feminine appearance to my manner of walking and carrying muself.

Movies certainly are the means by which a great many girls and women obtain poise, dove. This is especially true as far as teenage girls are concerned. A teenage girl may not get the poise of her favorite female performers, but she can try to develop a more ladylike composure as she gets older. 

She can also aim to create that sophisticated and graceful manner, which is essential for social success.

One girl I once knew didn't know how to conduct herself properly. After facing this situation for way too long, she began attempting to conduct herself in a manner much like she saw the young women did on the screen. 

That is to look comfortable, whether you are or not. She was very much surprised when it worked. Evidently, she wasn't the only one in such a position. Adopting an easy-going air brought many of us girls through many tight situations.

I'm so very thankful that the movies gave me some education along certain lines of etiquette. Ways of address, conduct at the table, etc., have been incorporated into my conduct merely by seeing them in the movies. I quickly detected a difference between my manners and those of the screen. 

Sometimes I shocked my friends by trying out some new idea of etiquette. 

I remember while being chastised for my behavior on one occasion a friend who spoke up  said; "Oh, she's just trying to act like that girl in the movie the other night." She had recognized my action, and I may have shocked them, but on various occasions I shocked myself also. 

Sometimes before the boys and girls I'd try some of my stuff to show off! 

I gained sufficient knowledge to enable me to step from the one into the other easily, dear heart. But for real refinement the shy, modest manners I first knew were most becoming although little used today. 

Then came the time when I became interested in young men. I had heard older boys and girls talking about 'technique,' and the only way I could find out how to treat boys was through reading books and seeing movies. 

I had always known boys as playmates, but having reached my freshman year in high school they became no longer playmates but 'dates.' I didn't want it to be that way, but it seemed inevitable. 

I was asked to parties and dances and friends' homes. The boys were older and sophisticated, and being shy I felt out of place. I noticed too that older girls acted differently with boys than they did when with girls alone. 

I didn't know what to do so I decided to try some of the mannerisms I had seen in the movies. I began acting quite reserved, and I memorized half-veiled compliments. I realized my 'dates' liked it, and I had laid the foundation with movie material. 

Then I began to improvise, dove. Of course, I had a rival in the crowd. Every time she began to receive more attention from the boys than I, I would see an actress from a recent movie in my mind, and pick up something new with which to regain their interest.

Very frequently the imitation of mannerisms, as well as of dress, isn't confined to the mere selection of this or that detail, but instead becomes part and parcel of the effort to emulate in its entirety the conduct of some favorite actress or singer. 

In such instances one seeks to act out a role in life - to mold one's own conduct in conformity to it. 

Psychologically this imitation is more deeply motivated and somewhat different from copying of separate mannerisms; and therefore it seems convenient to say a few words here on the matter. 

The character of this form of imitation is brought out in the following instance:

When a college aged friend of mine took a strong fancy to Marilyn Monroe, she watched all of her movies. She wore her hair like hers, imitated her smile, and went into the seventh heaven of delight if told that she resembled her!

Even though I'm at an age now where I don't have major crushes on movie stars, it wouldn't be natural if I didn't like taking note of the appearance and mannerisms of feminine, seductive and glamorous actresses. *Smile*

When Jennifer Lopez was at her height of popularity, it was my ambition to look somewhat like her. I was going to try that because I felt had the ideal face for that and my late husband loved Jennifer Lopez, and told me I resembled her. (I had caramel colored hair like Jennifer's back then.)

I could see that Jennifer has a beautiful face and figure, and I was happy to take some notes from her. Clara Bow is another of my ideal girls, dove, and I've tried to imitate some of her mannerisms. The way she rolled her eyes, her quick smile, and all her little actions appeal to me.

Furthermore, I think there's a great tendency for a woman, particularly a young women, to try to act like the woman you've just seen in a movie or on TV. I've  also learned from TV and the movies how to be a flirt, a coquette, a minx, and a lady. 

And I've found out that at parties and elsewhere the coquette is the one who enjoys herself the most! *Wink.* Moreover, in Hollywood, as well as Bollywood, the women are always beautiful, feminine, seductive, glamorous and lady-like, so I've tried to be that way myself.

When I was about 18 years old I decided to join a 'bathing beauty' bikini contest, and I'd pose for a long while some times before my big mirror trying to get the 'effects.' All of the things I've just shared with you have been made and illustrated concerning the experimental character of imitation, and apply also in the emulation of a celebrity. 

A given role may 'take' and be retained, or else found to be not to be of any benefit and so be rejected. 

Whatever the disposition, such instances show how any woman may copy feminine mannerisms and schemes of feminine behavior from TV and movies.

Lessons in feminine and seductive facial expressions, mannerisms, poses and behavior; 


To read the 214 lengthy lessons of the "The Art Of Being A Feminine Woman" in their entirety ~ up to 4500 words per article ~ please make a one~time payment here of 147.95 USD.


To read the full lessons of my new blog, "The Feminine Belle," please sign up for a subscription here.


You can discover all of my femininity books, products and femininity courses here. :)


Testimonies and Reviews


My Work From Home Program - Give Up Your day Job With My Work From Home, Money-Making Blueprints - Can Be Used Anywhere in the World!



Becoming Gloria Human

Ideal femininity


How to be feminine, how to become a more feminine woman 








French women secrets ~ traits and characteristics of French women
 115 Attractive Traits And Characteristics Of French Women

How to be refined, how to be elegant and sophisticated, modern day charm and finishing school, manners and etiquette classes


How to be graceful; how to be poised; how to be lovely



Secrets of the modern geisha; how to be a geisha for a man, courtesan's secrets 




How to be seductive; how to be a seductress; the art of seduction



The rules of dating; relationships tips; marriage advice; understanding men; how men think; what men want in women


How to be more feminine to attract men, how to be more feminine for men; how to be seductive to a man; how to be feminine in a relationship


How to be liked; how to be popular; how to be magnetic; how to be charming; how to be an it girl; personality makeover

Tips for learning to be more feminine; how to have a more feminine personality; traits of a feminine woman



Being more feminine, being a feminine woman; how to act more feminine

How to be more girly; how to be more womanly; how to be glamorous


The art of being feminine; the art of being a woman; true femininity






How to look more feminine; how to dress more feminine, how to be more attractive; beauty tips







What makes a woman feminine, how can a woman be more womanly?


How to know a woman is feminine; feminine characteristics; feminine traits; feminine behavior



Jealousy and envy among women


Femininity blog subjects



2 comments:



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.